- This event has passed.
60 in 6 Kick-off (Day 1)
July 3 @ 12:00 am
in support of:
What is ‘60 in 6’?
In July and August of 2018, long-time Calgary runner Ed Bickley will run a 6:00 minute (or faster) mile every day for 60 consecutive days. Each mile will be on a track or certified mile course and officially timed.
This is both a celebration of Ed’s 60th birthday and an invitation to all to stay active and help raise funds for MitoCanada.
Why You Should Join
- To keep active through the summer; almost anyone can run or walk a mile, even when the weather’s warm
- To raise funds for research and treatment of Mitochondrial diseases
- For the competitive, set and achieve a personal mile goal time.
- As consecutive mile days may get lonely, come out & help Ed get to his goal.
How you can Join
Anyone can sign up for either or both of:
- Run or Sponsor a Mile – each mile is available. If you’d like to run you can book one or more specific dates and either:
- Join Ed and other runners that day at the published time and venue
- Run your own mile on the road on a treadmill, track, or wherever works for you and book your time for that day – if you want your time to be recognized officially, it will need to be verified via Strava or by a witness.
There will be prizing for the summer for such categories as:
fastest mile overall and by age-group,
official timer with most appearances,
You can also sponsor a mile and sleep in without running it ☺
- The Strides ‘Summer of Miles’ Streak – run at least 1 mile through July and August, in the spirit of the Strides December streak.
Join our Facebook Group for more information at:
Sign up for your mile or register as ‘a streaker’ for a tax-deductible $60 donation today or support us by fund-raising at:
Performance T-shirts will be available for the first 100 participants to register.
Together, we can have some fun, stay active through the vacation season, and make a difference with MitoCanada.