- This event has passed.
Calgary Roadrunners AGM, Dinner and Speaker
November 17, 2018 @ 6:00 pm
The Calgary Roadrunners are hosting a catered dinner and special guest speaker following their short AGM on Nov 17th at 6 pm at Wildwood Community Hall at 4411 Spruce Drive SW Calgary. Please click on the survey link to indicate your plans to attend: https://www.surveymonkey.com/
Once again, Extreme Catering are providing a delicious dinner suitable for both vegetarians and omnivores at 7:15. Following the dinner, enjoy an inspirational talk from Dr. Gerry Miller as he shares his experience of participating in Guinness World Record attempts and running the Big Six World Marathons, all while in his 80’s!
Doors open and cash bar – 6:00 to 6:30 pm
Annual General Meeting – 6:30 to 7:00 pm
Catered Buffet Dinner – 7:15 to 8:15 pm
Guest Speaker/Q&A – 8:15 to 8:35 pm
Draw prizes/Wrap Up – 8:35 to 9:00 pm
The purpose of the AGM is to:
- Receive/approve the Minutes of the previous AGM, the President’s and Treasurer’s Reports for the year ending Sep 30, 2018; Minutes AGM November 18, 2017R
- To recognize Members’ contributions of the past year;
- To elect new Directors to a two year term with the Board;
- To appoint an Auditor to review the financial records prior to the 2019 AGM; and
- To transact such other business as may properly be brought before the meeting.
In the event any member in good standing is not able to attend, they may complete the Proxy document linked below in accordance with Section 2. (h) of the Society’s By-Laws and submit it to an attending member.