- This event has passed.
Yoga Made for Runners (YMFR) Certificate Course
July 28 @ 6:30 pm - July 30 @ 5:00 pm$630
This yoga for runners course is rich with cutting edge information on everything from breathing to bunions, and will provide runners, yoga teachers, and fitness professionals with the knowledge and confidence to heal themselves from pain or injury, or to lead effective, informed classes.
YMFR creator Mike Dennison brings to the course extensive knowledge of both running and yoga and promises a unique and valuable learning experience.
Module 1: Introduction: At the Crossroads of Running and Yoga
- What is yoga?
- The elephant in the room: running and the injury nemesis
- YMFR’s six elements: balance, mobility, flexibility, strength, stability, breathing
Module 2: Breathing – Our Vital Centre
- How conscious breathing trains the mind and body
- The anatomy and biomechanics of breathing
- Breathing techniques in running.
Module 3: The Anatomy of Running – Part 1
- The vocabulary of movement
- The false promise of flexibility
- Core stability and running: a crucial relationship
Module 4: The Anatomy of Running – Part 2
- The ankle and big toe: vital to healthy running
- Why balance is an essential skill for runners
- Gluteus maximus and medius: the centre of power and control
- The joint-by-joint approach and the the stability-mobility continuum
Continuing education credits . . .
AFLCA 16 hours
BCRPA 16 credits
Yoga Alliance (US) 16 hours
Time commitment . . .
18 total hours = 16 contact hours + 2 hours for short breaks and lunch
Location, Dates, Schedule & Cost . . .
Repsol Sports Centre, Calgary, Alberta
Friday, July 28 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 29 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday, July 30 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
$630 ($600 + 5% GST)
Course registration only through the link below . . .
Questions or more information . . .
Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or download the 13-page brochure at the link below.